Thursday, July 15, 2010

Worst Blogger Ever


Ellie trying to make sure Braxton has his paci. Braxton is Jennif'er's little boy. Jennifer used to keep Ellie at our house before I stopped working. Now Ellie goes to Jennifer's house one day a week.

Jentri (Jennifer's daughter) feeding Ellie.




Ellie holding the flashlight for Papaw under the sink, trying to be a big help!


Ellie and Chad chillin in the pool during the heat.

I am officially the worst blogger ever. But the good news is, LIFE IS GOOD!

I am on leave of absence and life is great. I wrapped up in May, and haven't slowed down since. It took me till now to get my study area organized, so now I hope to be more active on the blog. Let me give you the highlights of the last few months and some pics of our Ellie Belly, now with more hair!
The first few weeks of my leave were great. I organized, cleaned, played with Ellie, took field trips with her and had a GRAND time. We had a blast.

The end of May and first part of June were a tough few weeks for us. Over Memorial Day weekend, Ellie's best friend Beau was in an accident. He was kicked by a horse in the head. So the next several weeks we spent a lot of time visiting, helping and mostly praying for Beau's recovery. He is continuing to recover and is in rehab now in the Dallas area. Ellie talks to Beau daily on her play cell phone and we will continue to visit him until he returns to Bartlesville. If you want to follow his recovery, you can at www.caringbridge.org/visit/beaukyledavis. We love and miss you Beau! You too Christy and Zach!

Then in June, we had to say good bye to our friend's (the Springer's) as they loaded up and moved to Houston. They have been dear friends to us for the last 5 years so we were very sad to see them go, but we look forward to visiting when we go to Texas.
We spent 4th of July with my family in Texas. Ellie had a blast, as did her mommy and daddy. We also made a quick trip to College Station to meet up with Whitney, JD, Lucas and Sophie. I love going back to Aggieland, although it always makes me feel old.

Here are a few pics, I will try to publish more often and get more pics soon.

Love,
Nikki

2 comments:

Springers said...

Those pics of Ellie with your dad are really cute. Miss you guys! This no friend business sucks down here right now!!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That's some pretty hair!!!